My name is Amanda & I’m the newb on the Peak team. Although I’m new to Peak, I’ve been with the City & County of Denver for the last nine years in the Elections Division. I was so fortunate to land my dream job right after college and had the time of my life facilitating elections in Denver.
I attended Black Belt training in Cohort 9 (2013) and absolutely fell in love. If continuous improvement, customer first processes, and data driven decisions aren’t exciting we just can’t be friends – just kidding. In all seriousness, I have a total affinity for City & County of Denver and think it is doing incredible things because of the incredible people who are finding ways to continuously improve the way we work and serve our customers. I am SO excited to be a part of this movement and hope I can get to know you better!
Here are some interesting (at least I think so) things about me:
- I’m married to my high school best friend, Travis.
- I have a four-month-old son, Liam, who was born two months early – on my birthday!
- I’m a total foodie. I LOVE to cook and I love to eat really good food. Southern comfort food is totally my favorite.
- I’m from Texas!
- My university was located on an island and every dorm had an ocean view.
- I’ve built two homes in the last four years so I’ve become the master of moving, and utilized spaghetti diagrams to properly stage my furniture.
I’m so excited about joining the Peak team and am even more excited to meet each of you. I truly believe that each of you make up this incredible city, and together we can change the way government functions!