Congratulations to Cohort 70! We had a total of 22 individuals representing several organizations within and external to the City and County of Denver.
The groups represented include:
- The city of Tucson, AZ
- Denver Technology Services (TS)
- Denver Department of Finance (DOF)
- Denver Community Planning & Development (CPD)
- Denver Fire Department (DFD)
- Denver County Courts (DCC)
- Denver Public Works (DPW)
- Denver International Airport (DEN/DIA)
- Denver Employee Retirement Plan (DERP)
- Denver Department of Environmental Health (DEH)
- Denver Human Services (DHS)
- Denver Police Department (DPD)
- Denver Department of Safety (DOS)
Some highlights of Stewart Peak – Cohort #70’s week was as follows:
Conducted Gemba walks with DPW and CPD and observed internal processes, and presented an in-depth analysis of each process.
Practiced Behavioral Insight Techniques.
Discussed approaches to Change Management; applied process improvement tools and skills in a 3-hour continuous improvement simulation; took a field trip to the Peak team’s office to explore the concept of visual management; and conquered the Peak Black Belt Simulation.
Peak’s Black Belt class is a week of fun and problem identification/solving. It isn’t easy, but it’s definitely worth it. Now you have the tools required to see your problem, say it (with data), and fix it continuously (with data and evidence-based solutions).
To close, Peak Academy cannot express enough how proud we are of this class. Go forth and make Colorado and the World, better, one division and municipality at a time. Innovate, elevate, and repeat.