Congratulations to Cohort 66! We had a total of 24 individuals representing several organizations within and external to the City and County of Denver.
The groups represented include:
- The Colorado Governor’s Office
- The city of Estes Park, CO
- The city of Dayton, OH
- The city of Westminster, CO
- The city of Englewood, CO
- Denver Public Libraries (DPL)
- Denver Human Services (DHS)
- Denver Department of Environmental Health (DEH)
- Denver Parks & Recreation (DPR)
- Denver Public Works (PW)
- Denver City Attorney’s Office (CAO)Denver Sheriff’s Department (DSD)
- Denver Technology Services (TS)
- Denver Department of Finance (DOF)
- Denver Community Planning & Development (CPD)
- Denver Fire Department (DFD)
Some of the highlights of the week are as follows:
Conducted Gemba walks with DPL, TS, and CPD, where we observed internal processes and presented an in-depth analysis of each process; conducted Gemba walks with DPL, TS, and CPD, where we observed internal processes and presented an in-depth analysis of each process; and practiced Behavioral Insight Techniques.
Additionally, we discussed approaches to Change Management; applied process improvement tools and skills in a 3-hour continuous improvement simulation; and took a field trip to the Peak team’s office to explore the concept of visual management.
Peak’s Black Belt class is a week of fun and problem identification/solving. It isn’t easy but it’s definitely worth it.
And lastly, we cannot express enough how proud we are of this class. Go forth and make Colorado better, one division and municipality at a time; innovate, elevate, and repeat.