Congratulations to Cohort 64! We had a total of 22 individuals representing several organizations within and external to the City and County of Denver. The groups represented include:
- Community Planning & Development
- Denver City Council
- Denver Human Services
- Denver International Airport
- Department of Environmental Health
- Office of Human Resources
- Parks & Recreation
- Public Works
- Technology Services
- The City of Jackson, MS
- The City of Westminster, CO
Some of the highlights of the week are as follows:
- Conducted Gemba walks with the Sheriff Department, Technology Services: 311, and the Office of the Medical Examiner where we observed internal processes and presented an in-depth analysis for each process.
- Practiced Behavioral Insight Techniques.
- Discussed approaches to Change Management.
- Applied process improvement tools in a 3-hour Flower Power simulation.
- Field trip to the Peak team’s office.
- 22 amazing Ignite presentations!
It is our honor and privilege to have had the opportunity to teach this energetic and engaged group of individuals. We cannot express enough how proud we are of this class.
Congratulations San Luis Peak! We cannot wait to see all the great ways you continue to make the Cities of Denver, Jackson and Westminster better.
Innovate. Elevate. Repeat!
Robert is a Process Improvement Analyst with Denver Peak Academy. Before joining the team, he worked on advocacy campaigns ranging from renewable energy to human rights to local elections to water conservation. He worked in non-profit development, operations, grassroots organizing and customer service and in all those spaces there were always processes that needed improving. He was so frequently responsible, at least informally, for helping ensure that things work better that it’s only natural that he find himself officially in that role here at the City and County of Denver. He’s excited to bring his passion for creating change to Denver and to help empower city employees to innovate on their work. Robert grew up in Mishawaka, IN and holds a BS in Public and Environmental Affairs from Indiana University.
Leave a Reply