In mid-April, we had the honor and privilege of meeting and training the fantastic individuals of Black Belt Cohort 62.5 – Quandary Peak! These 18 participants represented four City and County […]
In mid-April, we had the honor and privilege of meeting and training the fantastic individuals of Black Belt Cohort 62.5 – Quandary Peak! These 18 participants represented four City and County of Denver agencies and five external organizations. The groups represented include:
- Community Planning and Development (CCD)
- Denver International Airport (DEN)
- Parks and Recreation (P&R)
- Technology Services (TS)
- City of Walsenburg, CO
- Greenwood Indiana
- Metro Caring
- Metro Denver Chamber
- Tucson Arizona
In 4.5 days, the Quandary Peak Cohort:
- Learned tools to identify and eliminate waste
- Conducted Gemba Walks at three locations (Office of Human Resources, Budget and Management, and Parks and Recreation) and presented an in-depth analysis for each process
- Identified their Systems of Work and the Voice of the Customer
- Explored Nudge techniques and discussed approaches to Change Management and barriers to innovating
- Applied process improvement tools in a 3-hour lean simulation
- Presented 18 Ignite presentations with over 50 incredible innovation ideas!
We loved having the opportunity to work with this great group. They came in eager to learn and left with a desire to innovate and improve. We’re so proud of Cohort 62.5 and can’t wait to see and share all that they accomplish.
Congratulations Quandary Peak! We’re so excited to see how you make Denver, Walsenburg, Greenwood, and Tucson better places to live, work, and play.