Peak is launching the Denver Data Lab in 2017 to create a citywide culture of data informed decision making through increased data sharing, learning and utilization. The Denver Data Lab will train City staff in data visualization and analysis and will help support agencies with analytical projects.
To help support the Lab, Peak is looking to recruit analysts currently employed in City agencies to be Mayor’s Data Fellows, who will commit to working in the Denver Data Lab at least 60% of their workweek for 3-6 months. Each Data Fellow will provide support to their home agency through the creation of KPI trackers, operational dashboards, and analysis projects using a variety of software and techniques. Fellows will also be encouraged to/assisted in automating as much of their reporting as possible. As the Fellow creates these data systems, they will work one-on-one with new trainees each month to help other analysts perform the same activities and thereby transfer skills throughout the organization.
Fellows will primarily be responsible for:
– Helping develop business intelligence (BI) throughout the city
– Helping train other staff members in Microsoft Power BI
– Building out dashboards for and with city agencies
– Advising agencies on performance measures
– Coaching city employees on analytics
– Writing data stories for social media
– Additional analytical projects using MS Excel and R
Desired skills/qualities of applications:
– Comfortable working with statistical analysis and data visualization
– Teaching/mentoring experience
– Demonstrated ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
– Interest in learning new technical skills
If you are interested, please apply here.