Congratulations to Cohort 59, who just began the fifth year of the Denver Peak Academy for us on January 9, 2017. We had a total of 20 individuals representing several organizations within and external to the City and County of Denver. The groups represented include:
- Community Planning & Development
- Denver City Council
- Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Denver Human Services
- Denver International Airport
- Department of Environmental Health
- Parks & Recreation
- Public Works
- Sheriff Department
- Technology Services
- The City of Baytown, TX
- The City of Ft. Collins, CO
- The City of Loveland, CO
Some of the highlights of the week are as follows:
- Conducted Gemba walks with the Denver Animal Shelter, Denver Office of Human Resources and the Scheitler Recreation Center where we observed internal processes and presented an in-depth analysis for each process.
- Practiced Behavioral Insight Techniques using the EAST Framework
- Discussed approaches to Change Management
- Applied process improvement tools in a 3-hour Flower Power simulation.
- Field trip to the parking cashier and the Peak team’s office.
- 20 amazing Ignite presentations!
It is our honor and privilege to have had the opportunity to teach this energetic and engaged group of individuals. We cannot express enough how proud we are of this class.
Congratulations Mt. North Eulos! We cannot wait to see all the great ways you continue to make the Cities of Denver, Baytown, Ft. Collins, and Loveland better.
Innovate. Elevate. Repeat!