We owe a shout out to the amazing individuals of Black Belt Cohort 56 – Mt Sneffels! These 17 participants represented eight City and County of Denver agencies and four external organizations. The groups represented include:
- Community Planning and Development (CCD)
- Denver Human Services (DHS)
- Department of Environmental Health (DEH)
- Denver Fire Department (DFD)
- Manager of Safety (MOS)
- Office of Human Resources (OHR)
- Parks and Recreation (P&R)
- Public Works (PW)
- Metro Denver Chamber
- Saskatoon Canada
- Juneau Alaska
- Kaiser Permanente
In 4.5 days, this class:
- Learned tools to identify and eliminate waste
- Conducted Gemba Walks at three locations (Arts and Venues Contracting Process, Excise and License Taxi Licensing Process, and Denver Human Services Flow Cells Process) and presented an in-depth analysis for each process
- Practiced Continuous Flow and Visual Management
- Discussed approaches to Change Management and barriers to innovating
- Applied process improvement tools in a 3-hour simulation
- Presented 17 Ignite presentations with over 50 incredible innovation ideas!
It is our privilege to have had the opportunity to teach this engaged group of individuals. We cannot express enough how proud we are of this class and can’t wait to see all of their amazing innovation ideas come to fruition.
Congratulations Mt. Sneffels! We’re so excited to see how you make Denver, Saskatoon Canada, and Juneau Alaska better!