We are excited to announce the graduation of our most recent Black Belt class – Mt. Shavano Peak! These 18 participants from Cohort 54 represented several organizations within and external to the City and County of Denver:
- Department of Finance
- Office of Economic Development
- Office of Human Resources
- Denver International Airport
- Denver Human Services
- Public Works
- City Attorney’s Office
- Department of Environmental Health
- Denver Public Library
- Parks and Recreation
- Community Planning and Development
- Groundwork Colorado
- City of Westminster, CO
In 4.5 days, this class:
- Learned tools to identify and eliminate waste
- Conducted Gemba Walks at three locations (Denver Public Library supply room inventory process, Denver Employee Retirement Plan retirement process, and Office of Human Resources post-to-fill data cleaning process) and presented an in-depth analysis for each process
- Practiced Behavioral Insight Techniques
- Discussed approaches to Change Management
- Applied process improvement tools in a 3-hour simulation
- Presented 18 amazing Ignite presentations with 54 incredible innovation ideas!
We cannot express enough how proud we are of this class. It is our distinct honor and privilege to have had the opportunity to teach them.
Congratulations Mt. Shavano Peak! We cannot wait to see all the great ways you continue to make the City better.
Go forth and innovate!