We are excited to announce the graduation of our 52nd Black Belt class – Mt. Oxford Peak! With 22 participants, (19 City and County of Denver employees, 3 outside participants) we are continuing strong in the 2016 year! In this group, the following agencies are represented:
- Denver International Airport
- Public Works
- Department of Environmental Health
- Community Planning & Development
- Denver Human Services
- City Council
- Denver Public Library
- Department of Finance
- Office of Human Resources
- Denver Sheriff’s Department
- Excise and Licenese
- Regional Transportation District
- City of Albany, NY
- City of Aurora, CO
In as little as 4.5 days, this class:
- Learned tools to identify and eliminate waste
- Experienced 3 Gemba Walks (Traffic Signal Building Process at Public Works, Runboard voting at RTD, and Tree Inspection with Parks) and presented an in-depth process analysis for each
- Practiced Behavioral Insight Techniques
- Discussed Approaches to Change Management
- Applied process improvement tools in a 3-hour simulation
- Presented 22 amazing ignite presentations with over 60 incredible innovation ideas!
We cannot express enough how proud we are of this class. It is our distinct honor and privilege to have had the opportunity to teach them, and we can’t wait to hear of all the great things they will do.
Congratulations Mt. Oxford Peak! May you all innovate greatly in all of the work you do and increase your already amazing impact in the City.