We are excited to announce the graduation of our 51st Black Belt class – Mt. of the Holy Cross Peak! With 18 participants, (14 City and County of Denver employees, 4 outside participants) we are continuing strong in the 2016 year! In this group, the following agencies are represented:
- Public Works
- Department of Environmental Health
- Community Planning & Development
- Denver Human Services
- Denver Public Library
- Department of Finance
- Office of Human Resources
- Manager of Safety’s Office
- Parks & Recreation
- Regional Transportation District
- City of Portland, OR
- City of Kansas City, MO
- City of Littleton, CO
In as little as 4.5 days, this class:
- Learned tools to identify and eliminate waste
- Experienced 3 Gemba Walks (Uniform Ordering at City Park, the Autopsy Report Release process at the Medical Examiner’s Office, and the Pit Bull Intake process at the Denver Animal Shelter) and presented an in-depth process analysis for each
- Practiced Behavioral Insight Techniques
- Discussed Approaches to Change Management
- Applied process improvement tools in a 3-hour simulation
- Presented 18 amazing ignite presentations with over 50 incredible innovation ideas!
We cannot express enough how proud we are of this class. It is our distinct honor and privilege to have had the opportunity to teach them, and we can’t wait to hear of all the great things they will do.
Congratulations Mt. of the Holy Cross Peak! May you all innovate greatly in all of the work you do and increase your already amazing impact in the City.