We are excited to announce the graduation of our 50th Black Belt class – Mt. Massive Peak! With 18 participants, (14 City and County of Denver employees, 4 outside participants) we are continuing strong in the 2016 year! In this group, the following agencies are represented:
- Denver International Airport
- Public Works
- Denver Fire Department
- Denver Police Department
- Department of Environmental Health
- Office of the Clerk and Recorder
- Office of Human Resources
- Technology Services
- Denver Human Services
- City of Juneau, Alaska
- City of Charleston, South Carolina
In as little as 4.5 days, this class:
- Learned tools to identify and eliminate waste
- Experienced 3 Gemba Walks (Flower Distribution at the Greenhouse, Public Works’ Dispatch to Field Process, and License Processing at the front desk of the Excise and Licenses) and presented an in-depth process analysis for each
- Practiced Behavioral Insight Techniques
- Discussed Approaches to Change Management
- Applied process improvement tools in a 3-hour simulation
- Presented 18 amazing ignite presentations with over 50 incredible innovation ideas!
We cannot express enough how proud we are of this class. It is our distinct honor and privilege to have had the opportunity to teach them, and we can’t wait to hear of all the great things they will do.
Congratulations Mt. Massive Peak! May you all innovate greatly in all of the work you do and increase your already amazing impact in the City.