We are excited to announce the graduation of our 43rd Black Belt class – Mt. Democrat Peak! With 18 participants, (13 City and County of Denver employees, 5 outside participants) we opened our doors to the most outside agencies within an internal Black Belt class. This group included participants from the following agencies:
- Public Works
- Department of Environmental Health
- Denver Human Services
- Denver International Airport
- Department of Finance
- Parks and Recreation
- Community Planning and Development
- City of San Francisco
- City of Colorado Springs
- Open Media Foundation
In as little as 4.5 days, this class:
- Learned tools to identify and eliminate waste
- Experienced 3 Gemba Walks (Office of the Medical Examiner, Denver Public Library, and Public Works Fleet) and presented an in-depth process analysis for each (not to mention surviving a snow storm at the same time!)
- Discussed change management techniques and their place in facilitating change
- Applied process improvement tools in a 3-hour simulation
- Presented 18 amazing ignite presentations with over 50 innovation ideas!
We cannot express enough how proud we are of this class. It is our distinct honor and privilege to have had the opportunity to teach them, and we can’t wait to hear of all the great things they will do.
Congratulations Mt. Democrat Peak!